And My Last Breath
|And My Last Breath|
|Track by Soft Cell|
|Also in||Deluxe EP 2020|
Origin[edit | edit source]
“And My Last Breath” was written by Dave Ball in early 1979, being one of the many early Soft Cell songs. It most notably was performed at duo's first live show at Leeds Polytechnic, December 1979, with Almond's vocals. But the only existing and available recording of it is an instrumental demo, and because of that the song's meaning, lyrics or lyrical authorship remain unknown. As noted by Ball, the demo was set aside since their writing quickly gathered momentum after.
Release[edit | edit source]
The demo was released exclusively within limited Deluxe box set edition of Dave Ball's book Electronic Boy in 25 June 2020, on CD compilation – 1979–2019 (as Soft Cell track), and 7″ EP (as Dave Ball track).
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Written-By (music), instruments – David Ball
Availability[edit | edit source]
“And My Last Breath” appears on following records.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On song list flyer for Leeds Polytechnic gig, designed by Ball, “And My Last Breath” has an image of human lungs.
- A fragment of the track appear in the beginning on preview mix of 1979–2019, on SoundCloud page of A Big Frock Rekord label.
References[edit | edit source]
- 1979–2019 (compilation of Dave Ball)
- Electronic Boy (autobiography by David Ball)
- Dave Ball 'Electronic Boy' CD Preview Audio by Big Frock Rekords (SoundCloud)