Say Hello Wave Goodbye / Youth
|Say Hello Wave Goodbye |
|single by Soft Cell|
|Cover photograph by Peter Ashworth|
|Released||21 April 2018|
|Genre||synth-pop, new wave|
Keychains And Snowstorms
Recording[edit | edit source]
Release[edit | edit source]
Say Hello Wave Goodbye / Youth was released a Record Store Day 2018 single. It was pressed on clear 180g vinyl and limited to 1,500 copies.
Track listing[edit | edit source]
All songs originally written and composed by Marc Almond and Dave Ball; remixes by Dave Ball.
|1.||“Say Hello Wave Goodbye (Dave Ball Lateral Mix)”||7:07|
|1.||“Youth (Dave Ball Wasted On The Young Mix)”||5:38|
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Original 1981 production – Mike Thorne
- Production, mixing – Dave Ball
- Engineering – Chris Smith, Philip Larsen
Artwork[edit | edit source]
Art direction and design by Philip Marshall, listed to be created on December 2017. Logo design – simplified ‘Soft Cell’ neon sign, is credited to Stefan Fähler.
Sleeve's front cover is an edit of one of Soft Cell photographs taken by Peter Ashworth in 1981,[?] with Ball originally having moustaches. On back cover is another Ashworth photograph, of soft padded cell decoration, originally craftwed by Huw Feather. Same goes for Soho scenery photographs on vinyl's labels (one of which was originally on the back of Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret). Release details are printed on separate liner note.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Both tracks from this single later appear on Keychains And Snowstorms box set as part of “Non-Stop Euphoric Dubbing” mix.
- The same front cover and vinyl labels photographs were later used in Keychains And Snowstorms as covers of both gatefolds for discs.
- On official Soft Cell Instagram and Rough Trade web site can be seen possible initial cover artwork of the single – unedited, original photograph by Ashworth (although mirror flipped) with small ‘Soft Cell’ logo at the bottom.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Sex Dwarf – Record Store Day 2016 single
- Light Sleepers / Last Chance – Record Store Day 2023 single
References[edit | edit source]
- Soft Cell - Record Store Day (Official Record Store Day web site). (recordstoreday.co.uk) archived
- Soft Cell - Say Hello Wave Goodbye / Youth Reimagined - 12″ – Rough Trade (Official Rough Trade label web site). (roughtrade.com) archived
- Page 33 - Number One - Issue 48 - 31st March 1984 | Michael Kane | Flickr (Archive of magazines). (Flickr) archived
- Soft Cell on Instagram: “Soft Cell's contribution to Record Store Day 2018 ...”. (Instagram)